The Land Rover Evoque or the baby Land Rover as it’s known in the circles got a mild face-lift half a year back in 2018. Since then, it has not received an upgrade or a face-lift on its product line. Well here’s the bit where we tell you about the silver lining. The 2020 Evoque is going to be a completely new model with all new platform, dynamics, chassis and could make its way to India as early as mid- 2020.
The 2020 Evoque will not only be focused on electrification, dynamics but also would offer whole loads of new goodies to the JLR customers. Here are our 5 highlights of the 2020 Land Rover Evoque which will put your mind at ease and keep you at the edge of your seats till its finally launched in 2020.
1. To begin with the new Land Rover Evoque will have a complete new platform and will be built on the company’s premium transverse architecture, which is specifically designed by the JLR engineers to keep in mind electrification requirements of the future.
2. Secondly, the fit, finish of the new Evoque would be one of the best In the business. The cabin and cargo areas too would get a massive boost. The optional infotainment setup is way ahead of the old JLR setup and is more refined and intuitive. In a first, the Evoque will also get a clear sight ground view feature in addition to the 360 degree camera. The feature allows driver to see real time in-between wheel obstructions such as rock, potholes and maneuver the SUV through tough kerbs. There is also a digital rear- view mirror, a huge step up to the old poor visibility mirror which we saw in 2019 Evoque.
3. Performance in the 2020 Evoque would be unmatched with the addition of a new hybrid engine up for grabs. The Evoque would be powered by Land Rover’s 2- litre Ingenium turbo 4 platform and would be featured in two variants- one with 246 bhp and the other with 295 bhp. But mostly, what we were anticipating, the 2020 Evoque will have a new 48V new hybrid system comes with a higher horsepower model and helps with the start stop system and aids acceleration. Despite the hybrid model being the highlight, India will most likely miss out on the hybrid model.
4. Ride quality is much more- better on the new Evoque than the one. Lighter spring rates yield improve comfort and optional adaptive suspension helps if you are going to throw your SUV around in the corners. Better still, the dampers do so without making the ride quality hard.
5. Finally, between uncertain financial markets, Brexit and poor yearly reports, JLR might not be in the best of health. However, JLR had re-iterated that their most selling SUV will not feel the brunt of the price and should retail at just about the same price that the previous model did.
In India the Land Rover Evoque starts at Rs 52.05 lakh (ex-showroom India) and competes with the likes of the Volvo XC60, Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Mercedes- Benz GLC.
We feel with the right pricing and few performance tweaks as per Indian market, the 2020 Evoque will be a force to reckon with in the premium compact SUV category.