You live life only once. While the weekdays are bound by work, weekends are the days that you really come alive. That is the time that you really wanted to explore places, go to unchartered territories, enjoy nature, be at peace with non urban jungle and lastly keep Discovering.
There are SUV’s and then there is this- The Range Rover LWB. The biggest daddy amongst them all. Some even call it the “Thalaiva” of SUV’s out there. Now why do they call the RR LWB the Thalaiva? For that, one needs to look at the dimensions to put the things in perspective. At an overall length of 5200mm, width almost closing in at 3120 mm and a towering height of 1868 mm, no other vehicle on the road comes to closer to this size and magnanimous proportions of the Range Rover LWB.
Historically, the BMW 3 Series has always been touted as “The Drivers Car”. Moment someone said, they love driving, they love when the torque kicks in or they love when the car holds the line while cornering, we knew, what to recommend to them, the undisputed choice was the 3. Then we drove the Jaguar XE. That wild cat had phenomenal handling and was an absolute leech when it came to holding the line, and apart from phenomenal handling, had exclusivity to go for it.
Exclusivity is second to you, and if this is you, guess what we found a car for you, which is as exclusive as you, and has a turn around and look at me value, like no other car in that segment.
Friday morning, a long weekend coming up, and you and your friends plan camping. The site for camping no doubt is scenic, but then there’s one problem. The drive to camping spot, though is scenic, 30% of the road encompasses a combination of bad stretches and no road situation and some patches of complete off road to reach the spot. Now here is your dilemma, though 70% of the road is brilliant, a sedan can tackle the road well, but then what do you do with the rest 30%?
You are on a road trip and driving down the hill. It’s 7:00 PM and you are enjoying the sunset the background while you are going through the scenic route. “Paw”, you hear a horn from behind, and what you see in your wing mirror is that right hand side super sharp LED Day Time Running Light. You say in your mind,“that looks stunning!”, and you give side for the car behind to show its entire facia and what you see now is the entire car in your wing mirror, flanked by the uber-cool LED DRL running end to end in the headlight architecture.
“Mujhe Junglee Billiyaan Bohot Pasand Hain; Wild Cats.”Do you like wild cats? They have intrinsic qualities of being agile, aggressive and belligerent. Because, if you like the wild cats, you will definitely like the car that we are reviewing next. But before we come to the car, let me also apprise you, that the wild cats have another interesting quality of hunting down their targets, no matter how dark it is outside. It is their ability to be quick off the line and change directions without much fuss, make it possible for them to kill their trap. They say, a cat is never home, empty handed
You have had a long day at work, back to back investor meetings, then a board meeting, few critical to business decisions and then finally after long day at work, you are finally home, brazing the city traffic. Dinner done, you settle in quietly in your bedroom to doze off. 12:00 AM: Ting, your iPhone notification sounds, you pick up your phone to check the notification, nothing important though and as you are about to turn around, you see a key lying next to the side table nextto your bed. A quick look at the key, and it shows the key is fully charged.
Before we get into telling you, how X3 fits your requirements, lets quickly look at the history of the crossover. The BMW X3, is in production since the 2003. Based on the BMW 3 Series platform and hence the nomenclature 3, is now in its third generation. BMW markets this crossover globally a Sports Activity Vehicle, that is the company’s proprietary descriptor for its X-line of vehicles. The first generation model was code named E83, the second generation was called F25 and the latest one, the third generation that we reviewed is called G01.
Are you someone who was a fan of Geometry in School/College and that fascination is still alive today? Are you someone who loves clean lines in their cars and are not a fan of fluidic design? Are you someone who loves a SUV which is subtle and yet a head-turner? Are you someone who loves to go occasionally on roads less taken and not worry about getting stuck? And lastly, are you someone who wants a thorough German-bred, but does not want to spend 50+ huge lakhs on a SUV?
WILL IT BE THE SMALL MID-SIZER OR THE BIG SMALL CAR? AND IS THAT A GHOST IN YOUR ENGINE OR AN ACTUAL PROBLEM? AAA (ASK ANYTHING ON OUR FORUM), THE GURU-CUM-AGONY MASTER, HAS ALL THE ANSWERS